This website, brought to you by the Virginia Code Commission and the Division of Legislative Automated Systems, offers the public a new level of access to the rulemaking process in Virginia. From this site, you can keep informed about new developments in Virginia state government regulations, as well as conduct research into the modifications to regulations over time.
This website allows you to accomplish the following:
- Read the Virginia Register of Regulations in HTML or PDF format.
- Search our HTML collection of Register articles dating to 2008, and our PDF collection of Register Issues dating to 1984, by using the search box in the top right of any page.
- Refine your search by Register Volume, Issue, Year, Title, Agency, Regulation Status, and VAC Reference.
- Access Guidance Documents published by state agencies to shed light on agency rules.
- Learn about the rulemaking process and how you can become involved.
- Easily find the latest Emergency Regulations.
- Use the Laws & Regulations Access toolbar to explore the Code of Virginia and the Virginia Administrative Code online.
You can also purchase printed volumes of the Virginia Register of Regulations and the Virginia Administrative Code.
Please visit our frequently asked questions or contact the Virginia Register of Regulations.